Friday, August 6, 2010

Dock Love



The low tide party was magical! Our reconnaissance mission to scope out the site paid off! The tie charts we consulted didn't lie!

The party planners and homies rolled up on bikes at around 8:30pm last Firday. We shimmied down the mouth of the broken dock's underbelly and set up shop on some rocks. Tea lights set in plastic milk jugs (thanks, Haus!) illuminated the space. The cavern was almost pitch black. A bunch of different friend groups arrived within the hour. Almost everyone I've ever known and loved in San Francisco came for the send off! The party eventually spilled out of the cave onto the top of the dock and everyone drank 40s (or at least I did?) in the unseasonably warm summer air. At the end of the party, when the tide started coming in, Megan Keely treated the remaining guests to three beautiful songs on her mini-guitar? banjo? The first song was the most special to me: a cover of Neil Young's "Pocahontas." Megan and I had a chance conversation about the song at an Ocean Beach bonfire back when I first moved to San Francisco. I have been asking her to play it for me since. SHE FINALLY DID AND IT WAS RAD (it's the soundtrack to the vid). Megan followed Pocahontas with Dolly's "Jolene" and an original song. The candlelit performance really made my night. It was such a lovefest. Thanks, friends!

After we packed up and hit the road the night continued. Some among us may or may not have set off firecrackers on 16th and South Van Ness.

No comments: